top of page

Request for Evidence (RFE) is a letter or notice USCIS adjudication officer uses to request additional information for pending applications for any non immigrant US visas.

USA Request for Evidence Visa Process


A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence. A provision exists under U.S. visa law for the issuance of a returning resident special immigrant visa to an LPR who remained outside the United States due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
Qualifying for Returning Resident Status
You will need to prove to the Consular Officer that you:
Had the status of a lawful permanent resident at the time of departure from the United States;
Departed from the United States with the intention of returning and have not abandoned this intention and are returning to the United States from a temporary visit abroad and, if the stay abroad was protracted, this was caused by reasons beyond your control and for which you were not responsible.
Required Documentation
When applying for a Returning Resident (SB-1) immigrant visa, you should submit the following forms and documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply:
A completed Application to Determine Returning Resident Status, Form DS-117
Your Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551
You must also submit supporting documents that show the following:
Dates of travel outside of the United States (Examples: airline tickets, passport stamps, etc.)
Proof of your ties to the United States and your intention to return (Examples: tax returns, and evidence of economic, family, and social ties to the United States)
Proof that your protracted stay outside of the United States was for reasons beyond your control (Examples: medical incapacitation, employment with a U.S. company, etc.)
Contact our Consultants to know the process in detail and how we can assist you with Returning Resident Visa

Request for Evidence (RFE)

Schengen  Visitor Visa

Read More >

       Schengen  Busienss Visa

Read More >
bottom of page